Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Winter Wonders Artisan Profile: Crystal Klassen


I make small, affordable pieces of art that are mounted onto wood blocks for easy display and hanging- no need for framing. This year I've started to make what I call Insta-Blocs: photos I've shared via Instagram that I've chosen specially for sale based mostly on the response each photo received online. 

 

I've also branched further into home decor this year, creating 'art pillows'. I've been sewing since I was 13, and most of the sewing I've done has been based on necessity. But as we know, creativity is the daughter of necessity... so I thought this might be a practical application for my more tactile artistic pursuits. Each pillow is handcrafted out of repurposed fabric, incorporating different fabrics into the same design for a modern quilted effect. They are made as removable pre-shrunk pillow covers for easy cleaning.







No comments:

Post a Comment