Thursday, April 7, 2016

Vendor Profile: Calistaprints








I am an emerging artist and art teacher based in Saskatoon. My style of art is always changing but currently I am experimenting with watercolour drip-work and acrylic abstract paintings. My ‘Wild Line’ animal prints are a series of paintings and prints about real, perceived, and creative freedoms. The wild yet clean lines juxtapose the sharp instincts and unique perspectives of each of the Canadian animals featured. The animals are crafted in a way that captures the deep connection between animal, nature, and human. In 2015 I participated in two craft fairs – 'PotashCorp Fringe Theatre Festival' and 'The Black Market Market' – in which my watercolour prints were a great success. Currently my acrylic abstract work is on display at the Infiniti Saskatoon Gallery as well as Kit and Ace 'Wall Space'. Find me on my website: www.calistacooper.com or check out my instragram page: calistagrams to follow my creative and classroom endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment