Saturday, November 26, 2016

Vendor Profile: Just Sewing








I began playing with fabric on my grandmother’s sewing machine when I was a little girl and still use this vintage machine today. For over ten years I have been passionate about quitting—combining fabrics in traditional and modern patterns. After becoming a mother, I began sewing one-of-a-kind baby blankets with colourful, inspiring fabrics. Nursery sets are available, including crib sheets, change pad covers and blankets in coordinating fabrics. Remnant fabric is used to create smaller items such as bandana bibs and mittens for babies/toddlers and lavender-scented eye pillows for mamas who need to relax. Finding creative ways to minimize unused material is one the of the most challenging joys of the business. I believe that fabric is inspiring and a powerful design tool. Whether it's a baby blanket in a nursery, a mini quilt hanging on the wall, a cushion on your favourite chair, a tea towel hanging on the oven handle, or a quilt thrown over the back of the couch, fabrics bring life to our homes. I only hope to share my love of fabrics and all that they can create.

You can find more on Just Sewing here:
Instagram: @just.sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment