Thursday, December 5, 2013

Winter Wonders Artisan Profile: Boolah Baguette


Boolah Baguette is the imagination of Erin Weiss in the form of some very sweet dolls...

I just can't help myself, I have to make cute things. I love that my work is also my play and that every time I make a doll it surprises me a little. I love the heart-skippy feeling of pulling the right materials for the perfect creature...seeing it come together and then just barely being able to handle (because it makes me so happy!) the cute pile of finished dolls who camp out in my sewing room.
The dolls are each one a kind, made from every fabric that inspires me, and with hand stitched details, tiny clothes, and little personalities all their own. 
I hope these dolls get tucked into beds with sleepy kids, toted around in the basket of a bike, and dragged everywhere by one arm.  And I hope that every sweet soul, of any age, who has one for themselves...well, that they make you happy just by being around (and be sure to give a squeeze every once in a while!)
 Thank you for supporting all the artists this weekend whose product is their passion.
Merry Christmas!











No comments:

Post a Comment