Saturday, August 22, 2015

Vendor Profile: James Art Studio



My name is Kathryn Dueck, I am a mobile certified custom picture framer and am the owner/operator of James Art Studio, a business that specializes in custom framing and conservation framing. I work with my clients to choose a design that both works with art and with your decor. I have worked with clients to frame those pieces which are near and dear to their hearts such as a wishbone, needlework, petit point, hand made prints, posters, jerseys, paper art, oils, pastels, charcoal, certificates, acrylics etc. 

Below is a highlight of one of my service calls:
had the privilege of getting to know Lyn Besse McGinnis (she is a singer and songwriter http://www.lynbm.com)  and she entrusted me with the framing of the artwork titled “Veil of Tamar” plus the framing of her release CD “Veil of Tamar” and the jacket.
We started with the piece of Art first. I suggested that we go with frames that were intricate in design to be reflect of the depth of culture of Tamar’s time (Biblical). We started with the outside moulding which worked but we felt that it was not enough – it brought out some of the image. I suggested an inside moulding (frame) that should be white. We tried various options but the one we chose drew your eye into the piece and the design added layers to the culture – Veil of Tamar – added layers – hidden.
The combination was breathtaking.
The CD was dressed with handmade paper with the lyrics of the song printed on it plus the same moulding that was used on the portrait of the “Veil of Tamar“. This use of the same moulding ties these two pieces together but also allows them to stand on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment