Wednesday, April 22, 2015

vendor profile: Rachael Kroeker Ceramics







I have recently taken the leap to becoming a full time ceramic artist, and have been focusing on producing this line of sleek, modern tableware for daily use and admiration. I primarily work with plaster moulds and slip (liquid clay) in a technique called slip casting. My free flowing line movements are created by marbling two slips together as I pour the mould. This results in completely unique pieces which I can not replicate, no two marble affects will ever be the same. All of my work has a raw or unglazed exterior which has been sanded multiple times to create a soft, supple surface creating a wonderful tactile experience.

www.rachaelkroeker.com
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RKCeramics
rachael_kroeker@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment