Monday, November 23, 2015

Vendor Profile: Something from Nothing








My name is Karen Boldt and Something from Nothing began in 2009 as a need to keep my daughter's hands warm yet stylish at the same time here on the cold Saskatchewan prairie. I love the idea of creating something beautiful from something used or cast off and finding new uses for it. Thus began my venture of creating these warm and cozy hand warmers. My mittens are recycled from wool sweaters found in thrift stores and are fully lined with cotton flannel so your hands don't come in contact with anything itchy, yet receive the benefit of the warmth of natural wool fiber. They come in four different sizes for adults as well as itty bitty ones on a string for your favourite baby, each pair hand made and each pair unique.  

My selection is constantly changing and because of the nature of wool sweaters each having a different amount of stretch, I would recommend coming and meeting me at one of my sales and trying them out for yourself. You can follow me on Facebook or Instagram to see where I'll be showing my mittens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment