Thursday, November 24, 2011

Winter Wonders Artisan Profile - Magic Skirt

Everyone loves handmade clothes! So exciting to have Magic Skirt joining us for the market.


Meg Hadland learned how to sew from her mom and her grandma, when she was just knee-high to a grasshopper. Years later, she inherited her grandma's antique sewing machine, and found she enjoyed making clothes for herself and her friends. She eventually joined the St. James Community Farmer's Market, and after her success at the 2011 Saskatoon Fringe Festival, she decided to move to Montreal to pursue her career as a clothing designer, making her own clothes under the name Magic Skirt Clothing.


What is a Magic Skirt you ask? Well, "When I was four years old I had a skirt. It was stretchy and black with neon green and pink stars on it. It was totally rad. When I wore it I could fly, I could control people, I could be invisible, I could bend the entire universe to my will. I was magic. It was magic. It was my Magic Skirt."


Magic Skirt Clothing is available at Alchemy Clothing & Salon in Saskatoon, and Sew Dandee in Winnipeg.

No comments:

Post a Comment