Thursday, November 21, 2013

Winter Wonders Artisan Profile: Murph mfg




I stumbled upon my passion for sewing and clothing design in an effort to make something for myself while on a holiday in New Zealand. After returning to from Vacation, my passion only grew. After a couple of years of making ill-fitting baggy sweatshirts, I decided to go to school and learn pattern drafting. My fashion school experience only made me more passionate about creating clothing. My focus now is on jeans and leather goods. Every item is handmade by myself; not for whatever sense of pride might come out of it, but to insure the highest degree of accountability. I believe putting my name on a product means I am responsible for it, so I want to be sure of the quality of what I am offering. There is a huge demand for disposable inexpensive clothing, and it is sad to see the effects of this around the world. 

www.murphmfg.comwww.murphmfg.bigcartel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment