Sunday, November 10, 2013

Winter Wonders Artisan Profile: Oneiro Designs














Oneiro (pronouced oh-nair-oh) comes from the word oneirology which is the study of dreams. Oneiro Designs is a project I've been working on for over a year now and is something I like to do in my spare time. I make handcrafted contemporary dream catchers mostly from recycled materials and have put all my love into each one. I truly believe that each catcher has some sort of power to ward away bad dreams as well as serve as a unique decorative piece. I specialize in custom made dream catchers where my client can literally put anything they could dream up onto a dream catcher to personalize it. A lot of people have heirlooms stuffed in a drawer somewhere and a dream catcher is the perfect way to pay homage to those sacred treasures and put them on display. 



My jewelry line was born when I had so many left over pieces of chain from my dream catchers that I couldn't possibly throw them all out. My designs have evolved into a bohemian, edgy, gypsy look that includes body chains, head chains, hand chains, boot jewelry, ear cuffs, and statement necklaces and earrings. My pieces finish off that perfect festival look, great for going out on the town, or add that extra sparkle for an everyday look!



www.facebook.com/pages/Oneiro-Designs/151965158242153?ref=hl

No comments:

Post a Comment