Sunday, July 26, 2015

Vendor Profile: Gift of Gab









I am a local watercolor artist and art teacher with an inclination towards natural, usable art in the hands of the people. I mount my watercolors on handmade paper gift bags from Thailand. I feel that the art is the gift. Nature is my inspiration in the paintings and I use watercolor paint made of honey and natural plant dyes.
I refinish and stain antique chairs making something old into something new and beautiful, once again putting usable art into the hands of the person. The colors are stained into the grain of the wood, matching the seats and pillows. I have been refinishing for more than 10 years and also stain outdoor Adirondack chairs with natural forest scenes.

Gift of Gab can be found on Facebook and Instagram as @lilikall. Or you can check out her etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment