Thursday, April 24, 2014

Springtime Handmade Market Vendor Profile: Carole Epp



Within the whirlwind of a busy life with two young children, my functional ceramics have evolved from a past of formal inquiries and technical explorations towards more contemporary narrative representations and whimsy. From books and their elaborate illustrative art, to my children’s drawings and imaginations I find inspiration all around me. The reward of this work for me is that young and old find happiness though the work and its engagement with nostalgia and familiar imagery.

I'm looking forward to another amazing weekend at flock & gather and am thankful to be a part of the collective that makes these events happen. I'm most thankful though to the community here in Saskatoon that has been so supportive in their embrace of the handmade and the value in supporting local makers.

See you Friday!

xoxo
carole

caroleepp.com

1 comment:

  1. these look great, as usual for you, Hope the sale goes really well, I wish I could come but I'm out of town. I did link to it on my blog, though, so maybe you'll see lots of quilters there, BTW, the cat nap is en route!!

    ReplyDelete