Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spring Market Vendor Profile: Coucou Salut


coucou salut was created in 2009 by me, Shannon Adolph, as a way to combine my love of illustration, pattern, and screen printing. I'm inspired by the world around me, and try to avoid being overly literal when I illustrate and design. This results in circles that aren’t perfectly round and squares that aren’t always square. My designs are accessible because I leave room for imagination to take over! My textiles are printed with a gender-neutral color palette, so they can always be passed down - and around - to the next little kiddos in line. I know that parents are important too, so everything I create is carefully designed and constructed, and in keeping with my sustainable ethos, hand-pulled in small runs using water-based dyes and sustainable fabrics. I believe in supporting my community, and source everything I can from local or Canadian-based suppliers. Thanks for your time!




No comments:

Post a Comment